Sunday, March 15, 2009

Restaurant Review 1- Morgans Fish House


When my favorite cheese, Pecorino Tartufo makes a cameo on a dish in a restaurant, I automatically hold a special place in my cheesy heart for this restaurant and have to tell everyone I know about it. Last Friday I had lunch at Morgans Fish House in Rye, New York. The place was completely desolate, making us question the food we were about to eat. Trusting the recommendations we’ve been given on this restaurant, we soon relaxed with a nice cold glass of Prosecco. I started off with a terrine of tuna tartare served with avocado salad and cucumber. The tuna tasted very fresh but it was a little too cold, as if it was left over from the night before. The presentation was absolutely exquisite. I also let the waiter choose half a dozen oysters for me to try. Again, the freshness couldn’t be compared. For my entrée, I had the baby arugula salad with pecorino tartufo (Hallelujah!), crispy pancetta, golden apples and toasted pecans. The light vinaigrette they tossed the salad in did not overpower any of its superb components. Morgans on a Friday night seems like a great place to come with a large group of people. It’s bright, loud and fun. Note: My birthday is coming up soon!

Morgans Fish House
22 Elm Place
Rye, NY 10580
914.921.8190

http://www.morganfishhouse.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment